There are several benefits of using Microsoft Excel for maintaining business records. MS Excel is a highly productive and flexible business application. This is a powerful application which enables data analysis, computations and graphical representations. Also, it is easy to integrate other business applications with Excel.
If you have been wondering how to convert to pdf, csv, word, xml to excel, listed below are easy ways to do the same:
How to Convert CSV File To Excel?
The Excel 2010 file formatted as .xlsx, is able to store multiple sheets in the workbook which you may have created. Use multiple sheets within one workbook, to create an ideal solution where you have lots of different spreadsheets connected to the same topic. Thus, you will be able to access all of the data without requiring to open a number of different files.
CSV files are basically text files where the columns, rows and cells, are demarcated by a delimiter like a comma. These are fairly popular file types since they offer compatibility and diversity with a variety of different files.
The Excel 2010 is highly compatible with the CSV files and will open these the exact same way that it will open the .xlsx file. However, the CSV files have only one sheet. Hence, if you try to save the CSV file into Excel, it will be saved as a CSV file except if you adjust this file type manually. So, you may use the Excel 2010 in order to convert the CSV file or if you don’t have the Excel 2010, you could use an online software or tool converter in order to convert the file into the .xlsx file type.
CSV to Excel (XLS) Online Converter
The CSV to XLS (Excel) Converter such as the Softonic online tool allows you to transfer your CSV files into Excel format (xlsx, xls). The converter will support both the 95-2003 MS Office formats and the 2007-2010 formats too.
How to Convert The CSV File Using Excel 2010
Excel 2010 is recognized as a highly versatile program. It can open almost every type of file format which produces spreadsheet type of information. Also, once you open the file in Excel, it is rather easy to convert this file into any other file type that Excel is able to create.
However, Excel will not choose the default file format. It will rather attempt to retain this file in the same format which it began with. In some instances with the CSV file, this may not be possible. Thus, for instance, if you have opened a CSV file with Excel 2010 but decide to add another sheet into it, you will receive a warning while saving the file in CSV.
The warning will state that the file format isn’t compatible when using multiple worksheets. You can decide whether you only wish to save your active sheet in CSV format or you could choose to save it in a different file format by following the below steps:
1. You can choose to convert the CSV file into an Excel 2010 file format by clicking on the File tab located at the top of this window.
2. Next, click the ‘Save As’ option.
3. Click on the drop-down menu situated at the right of the ‘Save as type’.
4. Next, choose an Excel Workbook option located at the top of this list.
5. Type the name of your new file in the ‘File name’ field
6. Next, click on the Save button.
You will now get the Excel 2010 .xlsx file format that consists of your CSV file data which you originally opened.
How To Convert PDF To Excel
1. You can convert your PDF to Excel simply by saving it into a text format. Firstly, open your PDF in an Adobe Acrobat Pro.
2. Go to the file menu and choose the “Save As” option.
3. In the option for “Save as type,” save this document in the “.txt” format.
This Adobe Professional will help a user to save this file in the Word format as well.
You can apply the formatting which makes this file difficult to alter in Excel. It will become easier to manipulate the “.txt” type within Excel, as your text file will not have the required concealed formatting that a Word document needs. This will interfere with the appropriate formatting in Excel. The below listed steps will make this process easy:
1. Open the saved document in Excel format.
2. After saving the file into “.txt” format, this document can be easily opened in the Excel format. This file will get reformatted in order to confirm that every number is placed in the suitable column.
3. In order to minimize errors, you could print the hard copy of these downloaded documents and compare them with the original file with the file available on your computer screen.
Online Conversion Of PDF files
For converting the PDF files online to Excel, the user must follow few easy steps:
1. The user will have to first find an online PDF converter. These converters are available for free downloading. There are plenty available online.
2. Some of the popular online software and tools include software from Kioskea, Softpedia etc.
3. A PDF to Excel converter tool has the ability to convert your PDFs to Excel in a highly professional manner. These online converters are available either free of charge or by paying a small charge.
4. After finding an efficient converter tool, the user will have to upload the PDF files they wish to convert. They will also have to give a folder name where these converted file can be saved.
5. Click on the ‘Convert’ option to complete your task.
Remember, few free online PDF converters, will convert from PDF format to Word only whereas others will convert from PDF to both Word and Excel. The dual purpose PDF converters will perform with greater functionality.
How To Convert A Word Document Into Excel
If you need to structure a Word document and you are required to incorporate few numbers from Excel, you could establish a link among the two. When you establish a link for Word and Excel, it will allow you to update this Excel file anytime you want. Also, it will automatically update your file format.
1. Keep your word file as it is. Simultaneously open an excel spreadsheet which you can use for the numbers.
2. Maintain a link between these two files.
3. Thus, you can easily convert the Word file without any hitches.
4. Next, you can edit the numbers within Excel.
5. This will cause it to automatically update all the numbers into Word file.
In other words, you can test the conversion of your word doc into Excel by first creating a word document. Next, put in a few paragraphs of information within it. Simply save it and your excel data will be conveniently integrated.
Now create your excel document. Place a few rows or columns of data in it. Create your formula and save this file. Open up both of these at the same time, in case they are not both already open. Go to Excel and select all of the numbers you just created. You can edit or copy these.
Next, go to your word document. Go someplace in between any two paragraphs or towards the end of the bottom paragraph. Then edit or paste. You will notice a box with the “paste option” appearing at the bottom right corner.
Simply click the arrow and choose the “keep source format and link to excel.” Next, save the word file with excel format.
Now go back into the excel area where you just copied as well as changed one of the numbers. Look at the word file. It will automatically change the numbers that you just altered.
You can include as many different smaller sections onto your Excel file for calculations. Simply create another section onto the same excel spreadsheet. Then, edit by copying and pasting that section in other area within your word document to verify that the conversion to excel feature works.
The above methods are highly recommended if you are using Word file and trying to convert it into excel files. Otherwise, if you simply try to copy your word into excel, you will basically be embedding this file and it will not work as smoothly and easily.
You can follow the above steps in all of the Word and Excel versions. Microsoft wrote these software programs. These programs were created so that the two are linkable.
How To Convert XML File To Excel
If you have a perfect XML file indicating all your product and statistic data but you now need this data converted into Microsoft Excel format, you can easily do so. The best thing is that MS Excel offers an export feature that allows you to convert your files from XML to XLS format.
It is a good idea to use Excel to convert XML files. By using Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, you can conveniently import XML data by following a few simple steps. Keep in mind, the XML facilities have been made available in the Excel 2007 version as well as within Microsoft Office Professional.
You can easily use the luxon software and various other XML conversion tools, available online. These will convert your XML files to excel by incorporating the following steps:
1. While using the office button for Excel 2007 version and upwards, select the File ().
2. Open from Excel to see the xml file types that are shown along with various available Excel files. Go to the file and open the window for Excel 2007 or up. Select the file test-en.xml. This will cause a tiny window to appear.
3. Excel will ask you what you want to do with this XML file. Excel will then analyze the current structure of your XML file and present a structure within the task pane. Excel will not open your XML file right at that moment.
4. The structure of your xml file will show up in the task pane. The element of your XML file will now get tied onto the cells on a sheet. This is done by simply dragging these from the task pane onto a cell within Excel.
5. You can easily drag any element onto an Excel cell. You will get the desired result after dropping an element.
6. By dragging the element containing multiple other options, all the elements get placed adjoining to each other in the form of a list. You can achieve the same results by selecting several elements within the task pane by using the shift+click or the control+click option.
7. A list is produced by dragging any element into the sheet. The template will now be defined in order to import data from the XML file with the same structure, like the one that was opened in Excel.
8. You can import data from the test_en.xml by simply hitting the refresh button. Press the button present on the group for ‘External Table Data’. You could also use the group of custom ‘Table tools, designed’ tab, within the Excel 2007 version and up.
9. The data from your test_en.xml is now being read when you click on the ‘Refresh data for XML’ button on your list toolbar.
You can also convert XML files To Excel by using Excel 2003 and up versions by following the below steps:
1. Go to File, Open.
2. Select the XML file on your computer.
3. MS Excel will ask you how do you want to open it; as an XML list or as a read-only format work book or by using a XML Source task-pane.
4. Select the option “open as an XML List”.
5. Save your file name and you are done. Go to File, save as. Give your new Excel file a name and you will be done.
The latest version from Microsoft Excel, is able to import and configure literally thousands of rows and columns. It can be effectively used in various business situations to showcase business data within professionally designed charts and tables.
MS Excel has always been feature rich and user-friendly. Its command center has now been expanded to accommodate a wider array of useful tools. You can therefore convert various file formats into an Excel format. In other words, not only is Excel now able to do more, but it can also handle more data!