Microsoft Excel helps you to create schedules, lists, database and charts that are comprehensive, functional and effective. MS office offers a multitude of templates that you can use in an Excel format. You could use these templates to schedule events, create to do list for kids and more.
How To Create A To Do List Template?
(Example of To Do List Template)
If there is a specific type of spreadsheet that is being utilized by you on a regular basis, you could still make use of a ready template. By creating an excel spreadsheet, you will be able to make your own customized template to employ over and over again. Here’s how you can do it by following the below listed easy steps:
1. Open an existing .xls spreadsheet which has all or majority of the features that you plan to use. Next, save it as a workbook creating a new name. Thus, you will never accidentally lose out any of the vital information.
2. Delete any piece of information that you don’t want to include in your sheet such as names or numbers. Leave the formulas that you want to use with the template.
3. Next, create a new worksheet in case you do not already have an existing spreadsheet which contains all the formatting you need. You can easily format the cells by entering formulas, adding borders and choosing new font options.
4. Save your document by going into the “File” menu and then choosing “Save As” in Excel 2003. You can also click on the Office button in the Excel 2007 program and then click on “Save As.” within the “Save As Type” option from the drop-down.
5. Choose a ‘template’ and then name your new template within the ‘file name’ box. You will be able to see the location attached by default into your template folder. Finally, click on the “Save” option.
6. You can also use an Excel template that you may have created, by clicking on “new” within the “file” menu in an Excel 2003 program. Alternatively, you could click on the “Office” button and then click on “New” in the Excel 2007 program.
By choosing the ‘templates’ option on my computer, you will easily be able to find the names of the templates you have created. Click on them and select. Next, click on ‘OK’ to view it.
How Can A To Do List Help You?
Have you often found yourself missing important deadlines? If you tend to forget the important things that need to be finished in time and people have to remind you to get the work done, you should consider creating prioritized lists. Listed below are the key advantages of creating the same.
1. By maintaining proper prioritized lists of every task that is required to be carried out, you will be able to do effective time management. Firstly, you should list everything that you want to finish. List the most significant tasks at the start of your sheet and the least significant tasks towards the end.
2. By keeping a track of things that need to get done, you will be able to ensure that all the tasks are meticulously typed out in one place. Thus, you won’t forget anything important. Also, by prioritizing your tasks, you will be able to plan the order in which you will be doing them. Hence, you will be able to tell what requires your urgent attention and what you could leave out for later.
3. Your spreadsheet template will be extremely useful if you would like to be well planned and organized. It will help you to deal with any kind of work overload.
4. When you use a template to effectively prioritize your tasks at hand, you will appear focused and reliable to all the people around you. Also, when you use it effectively, you will be far more efficient, better planned and highly organized. Thus, you will appear to be more dependable.
5. You will experience lesser stress by being safe in the knowledge that you have not forgotten anything significant. Above all, if you prioritize prudently, you will be able to focus both your time as well as energy on the key value activities. This in turn will help you to become more valuable and more productive than the rest of your team.
Keeping a properly thought-out and well structured things to do check list, does sound simple enough when prepared in excel. It isn’t surprising how many people effectively enjoy using the .xls templates for this purpose. In fact, it is often when people begin to use these lists effectively and wisely that they are able to make their initial personal productivity breakthrough. This in turn is also their start to making their careers highly successful!
Best To Do List Template!
You will find it simpler to compile multiple things to be done in areas such as personal, workplace, study, kids etc. Try using a different approach in each situation and make use of the best approach suitable to your own needs.
To do list template in excel with a reminder software is fairly popular. The task manager program for Excel is a user friendly application that has been designed for MS excel. It will help simplify your task management and provide prioritized lists with a built in scheduled reminder. It has an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes this program really fast and easy to use. This program is completely compatible to be used with the Excel 2000 version or XP and higher. It is ideal for keeping a track of all your projects and tasks at hand. It will operate smoothly in the background.
Another popular template is the Swift To-Do List Lite 1.30 version. It is an innovative and free to-do list software with a reminder and task section organized with the help of tree structure with icons. It is suitable for both personal as well as business use. Plan and keep a track of all your projects including the visual tracking progress with the .xls data bars. You could easily copy and paste one project into another tab to help you track a new project. You could use any of the popular templates or custom create your own template.
The inbuilt reminders can be activated for all of your tasks. Thanks to these reminders, you won’t ever forget anything ever again!